There are hundreds of battery cells, modules, and other parts in the battery pack that need to be identified for traceability. Laser marking is an outstanding method to create permanent identifiers at a high speed. Unlike other traditional marking methods, laser marked identifiers can withstand various stresses, such as heat and chemicals (electrolytes, cooling liquids, adhesives, silicones).
Laser marking can create markings on cells, electrodes, cases, battery modules and packs for individual serial data encoded in machine-readable data matrix codes.
Laser marking benefits
- Easy to read identifiers
- Precise and consistent results
- No consumables
- Low maintenance technology
- Green process
- Quick and automated changeovers
- Fastest laser markers on the market
- Complete solutions (Class 1 certified laser safety, fume extraction, vision, automation, etc.)
- High-quality hardware and software components (including ultra-precise scanners)
Marking tests on ni-plated steel, AL and SS
Using LXQ and LXQ-HP fiber lasers, Laserax can mark on battery cell cans (nickel-plated steel, aluminum or stainless steel). The picture that follows shows the result of a super fast laser mark.
The marking times that follow include the PLC’s communication delays, hence representing the real part-to-part takt time for the marking operation.
Stainless steel marking times